After last night’s update announcement on all things Covid, the situation now is as follows:
From Saturday, 12 Decemebr to Thursday, 17 December, during this period, a new Phase I, it will be possible to travel throughout the province, ie the municipal borders are now open.
Also during this coming week, non essential activities (shops etc) can remain open until 21:00, however and unfortunately, bars and restaurants have to keep to their 18:00 closing hour. Establishments that offer take away can remain open until 21:30.
We also have a new Phase II, this period will last from 18 December through to 10 January 2021.
Phase II allows us to:
- travel freely within the same region, ie freely within the region of Madrid, Andalucia, Valencia etc.
- the curfew will now last from 23:00 through to 06:00 the following day.
- at last some good news for bars and restaurants, they still have to close at 18:00 but can then re-open between the hours of 20:00 to 22:30.
- for the Christmas and Kings period from 23 December to 6 January, there will be no travel restrictions between regions.
- on 24, 25 and 31 December 2020 and 1 January 2021, it will be possible to have family meetings of up to 10 family members. Outside of these dates, the 6 person rule remains.
- also, on the specific dates mentioned above, the movement curfew will now be 01:30 through to 06:00.
So, a thank you to those that rule for easing the restrictions for the Christmas and New Year period.
Do note that slight regional variations may be approved in due course.
For now I would like to wish you as merry a Christmas and happy New Year as it will be possible to have in these times, from all of us here in the Spence Clarke Team.
Thank you for reading and stay safe and healthy.