At last, for many of the Provinces held back in an extended Phase II, Phase III has become a reality. The regions now able to take advantage of Phase III are:
The areas in yellow are the regions still held back in Phase II, the green areas are all in Phase III.
So, what does this actually mean; to be honest the changes mainly affect the percentage usage of capacity for restaurants, bars etc.
However, there is one very big, very important change…….we can now travel between Provinces. So travel throughout the whole of Andalucia is permitted. Although travel between adjoining regions is still not allowed. We await notification as to when this restriction will be lifted.
Another big change affects the 70s and over and those considered vulnerable. Both groups can now leave their homes throughout the day as curfew restrictions have been lifted.
Further changes are:
- Restaurants can now use up to 50% of their interior capacity.
- Public transport can now run at 100% capacity.
- Discotheques can now open up to 30% of their capacity.
- Cinemas, Museums and Theatres can now increase their usage to 50% capacity.
- Concerts are now allowed, up to 30% capacity.
- Hotels can now open their communal areas to 50% capacity.
- Whilst shopping centres are restricted to 40% capacity, general shops can now open to 50% capacity.
- Conference attendance now increases to 80 attendees.
- Weddings, capacity increased to 75% with 150 attendees in open areas or 75 attendees if celebrating indoors.
- Places of worship can now use up to 75% capacity.
- Funerals being held outside can have up to 50 attendees, if being held indoors this reduces to 25 attendees.
- Meetings held at home or outdoors can now consist of up to 20 persons, this is an increase from the previous 15 limit.
In all cases, the social distance rule applies, namely keep your 2 metre distance.
Thank you for reading and stay safe and healthy.